Alexandra Jackiw, Chief Operating Officer at Hayes Gibson Property Services. Past Chairperson, NAA
The Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS) designation was developed for Regional/District Managers, Maintenance Directors, Mid-Upper Level Management, Marketing Directors, and those aspiring to move to that level. Industry experience requirement is either CAM®, ARM®, RAM® with 2 years of apartment management experience OR a Property Supervisor with 2 years of multi-site experience.
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
This class is ideal for Regional/District Managers, Maintenance Directors, Mid-Upper Level Management and Marketing Directors.
$1,499 for Members/ $1,699 for Non-Members
CAPS Express will be instructed by Alex Jackiw CAPS, CPM, C3P
Alex Jackiw is the Chief Operating Officer of Hayes Gibson Property Services. She was the 2013 Chairman of the Board for NAA. She is an Assistant Professor at Ball State University in the Residential Property Management program. Alex is also a licensed real estate broker and holds the Certified Property Manager (CPM®) and CAPS® designations. She has a Master’s Degree in Education.